Tuesday 5 October 2010

Brooklyn Tweed's Juneberry Triangle is now available on Ravelry!

I am so excited! I adore Brooklyn Tweed's Juneberry Triangle - but I was unable to get this before because I couldn't get hold of the magazine it was in.  The publisher only sells it in North America and eager knitters in Europe and Australia just don't get a look in.  And the Internet is supposed to make it easy to sell your products internationally!  That shows a lot of marketing nous.  Great.  Makes me feel like a second-class citizen, thanks for that.

I was so frustrated about that that I emailed Jared Flood to ask about the pattern's availability, and I was incredibly touched and pleased that he answered. The magazine had six months' exclusivitiy on the pattern but from October 2010 it became available on both Brooklyn Tweed's site as well as Ravelry.

Guess what I just downloaded!


Copyright Brooklyn Tweed

This is it in all its glory. Isn't it out of this world gorgeous?

It costs $6.50 which translated to £4.23 just now. This kerchief is so yummy it's well worth that.  I was also very impressed at how easy it is to both pay for this (nice and safe via PayPal) as well as download it - it's all one smooth, uncomplicated process.  What a great way of getting a pattern that I'm raring to get started on!

And the timing couldn't be better: Ally Pally is taking place this weekend! I'm so excited! I'm bound to find myself 450 yards of a sportsweight equivalent, in fact: I'm sure I'll be spoiled for choice.

Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Yippee, I love this too and was annoyed it was not available online. Thank you for letting me know, I think it will be going on my Christmas list (if I can wait that long)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you again! And I'm sad I can't be at Ally Pally too, I didn't know what it was early enough last year to go... Enjoy it and I can't wait to see your finished shawl! : )

    ReplyDelete